Thursday 22 September 2016

New Beginnings




I have recently embarked upon a new ‘chapter’ in my life; having left a full-time job as a teacher, I am exploring my potential as a writer. Hence the decision to have a go at writing a blog – something that fills me with fear and apprehension – still it has been said that you should do something you fear everyday.

As I teacher, I taught philosophy, ethics and religious studies – the question and answers to what is a good life fascinates me and I hope to explore some of these with you as I too explore what it means to pursue the Good Life.

The question of how to live a good life was the focus for many philosophers and many arrived at different conclusions as to how, or even if, this could be achieved. Whether we ask this of ourselves as a specific question or not, it is often what drives us in our daily choices and activities. How we go about answering it may depend on our definition of ‘good’ – for many this has meant ‘ethical’ and for others, ‘happy’.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment